Pearl Care and Education
Caring for your pearls
- Pearls should be the last thing you put on when dressing and the first thing you take off when you get home.
- Keep your pearls away from chemical substances such as chlorine bleach, ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, household cleaning sprays, baking soda, dish/laundry detergents, perfumes, hairspray and other acidic solutions as these will damage the surface of the pearl.
- Pearls benefit from absorbing the oils that your skin naturally produces.
- Never store your pearls in an airtight container such as a plastic bag. Pearls need moisture and if kept in an environment where it is too dry, the pearl could crack.
- Wrap your pearls with a linen/ soft cloth or store them in a soft pouch making sure you keep them away from any hard objects and surfaces.
- Keep your pearls away from direct sunlight or hot temperatures.
- Wipe your pearls with a soft cloth to get rid of any dirt, perfume, sweat or any extra oils on the pearls.
- Never use any hard materials such as a toothbrush to clean pearls.
- Never use a steam cleaner or tarnish remover to clean pearls.
- Take off your pearls before exercising to keep them away from any perspiration (sweat) produced by your body.